Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Narcissistic Revenge




What can’t the narcissist let go of needing revenge.  It has been over 5 years since I left and divorced him.  He has remarried and moved on, yet it seems he cannot let go of his incessant need to prove to the world I’m a crazy ogre so he can be devillainized and all in the world will be set right again; his tarnished armor will shine bright and the mask of illusion will be firmly back in place.  I have read and been told that narcissist don’t forget, they like revenge, and that my “outing” of him added to his narcissistic injury.  My “outing” was what I shared with family and a few close friends as to why I left and 4 years of sharing with a domestic violence support group.  I feel the real “outing” to him was my education in understanding the narcissistic personality disorder; how they think and having the vocabulary to call by name the tactics he uses to abuse.   I exposed him not to the world but to myself.  I saw beyond the illusion and façade; he was unmasked and vulnerable and that is not a position a narcissist likes to be in.  

I was reading all of the email exchanges between us and the one common thing is that his anger is constant.  They contain blame, threats, character assassination, and he always refers to the delusional realty I live in.   I’m delusional and crazy so anything I say can have no truth or fact.  It is interesting how everything he ever did has been diminished or erased and our history re-written.  I am the villain and he is the poor victim. 

His plot for revenge will be through our child; it is the only thing still connecting us.    I have been told I’m an unfit mother since the day she was born.  He has used parental alienation since our child’s memory serves her.   My daughter is 16 and I’ve been struggling with her for 4 years and he’s using this struggle to extract his revenge.  I asked for help in getting our daughter to see a therapist and his reaction was an email to our daughter “You don’t need counseling, your mother is poisonous and you need to get a way from her.  She lives in her own reality, lies, and is a miserable person.”  The irony is that he told me in an email I would have to live with myself for destroying the the father/daughter relationship with lies and manipulation and yet that's exactly what he did!

So, how many years of wasted energy will he put into discrediting me to our child, my family and a few select friends so that he can wear the crown of “the wronged, hurt victim?” 


No comments: